Naples, FL Physicians at the Korunda Pain Management Center
Naples pain management offer premier pain management services, including comprehesive pain evaluations, Nerve Conduction Studies, physical therapy services, minimally invasive injections, and several other treatment modalities and pain management services
Scott Fuchs, D.O.
Using a hands-on approach that puts the patient first in treating an array of painful conditions including disorders of the spine, non-surgical orthopedics and sports medicine, joint and arthritis pain, headache, cancer-related pain, and the vast number of nerve-related painful conditions.
Techniques include both traditional and non-traditional modalities. He is skilled in Osteopathic Manual Manipulation as both a diagnostic and therapeutic treatment modality. Trained and skilled at fluoroscopically guided procedures including advanced procedures such as spinal cord stimulation, or commonly performed pain relieving procedures such as epidural injections, nerve blocks and ablations, and joint injections. Furthermore, skilled at performing diagnostic procedures including EMG/ nerve conduction studies and discography
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey –
School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, NJ
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine August 2002- May 2006
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL Bachelor of Science, Microbiology and Cell Science August 1998- May 2002
EMPLOYMENT/ POST-GRADUATE MEDICAL TRAINING
- Pain Management Physician, Korunda Pain Management Center, Naples, FL July 2011-present
- Pain Management Fellowship, Medical College of Virginia/ Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, July 2010-June 2011
- Relief Staff (Moonlighting) Physician, Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital, Malvern, PA
April 2009-June 2010
- Rotating Internship, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey- School of Osteopathic Medicine, July 2006- June 2007
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Board Certified
Step I- Pass (97th Percentile)
Step II- Pass
- American Board of Pain Medicine, Board Certified
- National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners- COMLEX I, II, III
I: Pass- 657 (96th percentile), II: Pass- 588, III: Pass 660
- Commonwealth of Florida, Licensed Physician, November 2010- present
- Commonwealth of Virginia, Licensed Physician, May 2010- present
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Inactive Licensed Physician, December 2008-present
- Drug Enforcement Administration, December 2008-present
- American Heart Association, Certified BLS & ACLS, July 2006-present
- Sigma Sigma Phi, National Osteopathic Honor Fraternity, Omicron Chapter,2005
- Magna Cum Laude, Bachelor of Science, University of Florida, 2002
- Chief Intern, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-
School of Osteopathic Medicine, July 2006-2007
- USTA Wheelchair Tennis Tournament, Cherry Hill, NJ, On-site Physician, 2007
- University of Philadelphia Basketball, Philadelphia, PA, On-site Team Physician, 2007
- Moss Rehabilitation Camp Independent, On-site Physician, 2008
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2007-present
- American Osteopathic Association, 2002-present
- New Jersey Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons, 2002-present
- Opioid Pharmacology, VCU Pain Fellowship Journal Club, September 2010
- Case Based MRI of the Shoulder. PM&R Grand Rounds. Moss Rehab, November 2009
- Manipulation Techniques in Musculoskeletal Pathology. AAPM&R National Convention, October 2009.
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis. PM&R Grand Rounds. Moss Rehab, April 2009.
- Osteopathic Muscle Energy and Adhesive Capsulitis. PM&R Grand Rounds. MosS Rehabilitation Hospital (Moss Rehab), May 2008.
- Lumbar Spine Kinesiology. PM&R Grand Rounds. Moss Rehab, October 2008
- Epidural Infusion of Bupivicaine and Fentanyl to Treat Chest Wall CRPS: A Case Series.Poster Presentation at NANS National Conference 2010.
- Oromandibular Dystonia Treated with Botulinum Toxin in TBI. A Case Report. Poster Presentation at AAP National Conference 2009.
- A Unique Presentation of Medial Winging of the Scapula. A Case Report.Electrodiagnostics Poster Presentation at AAPM&R National Conference 2009.
- North American Neuromodulation Society, National Conference, 2010
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, National Conference 2005, 2009.
- Atlantic Regional Osteopathic Conference, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2009.
- American Osteopathic Association, National Conference, 2006.
1) Collaboration on a database of the clinically subjective, functional, and laboratory outcomeS of spinal cord stimulation.
- D.O. University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey; Stratford, NJ; 2006
- Virginia Commonwealth University; Richmond, VA; Pain Medicine Fellowship
- Temple University; Philadelphia, PA; Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey; Kennedy Memorial Hospital; Stratford, NJ, Internship
- Korunda Pain Management Center; Naples, FL; Pain Management Physician, 2011-present
- Sheltering Arms Rehabilitation Hospital; Rehab Physician; Midlothian, VA, 2010-2011
- Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital; Rehab Physician; Malvern, PA, 2009-2010
- Physicians Regional Medical Center; Naples, FL
- Naples Community Hospital; Naples, FL
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board Eligible Subspecialty of Pain Medicine
- Sigma Sigma Phi; National Osteopathic Honor Fraternity
- Magna Cum Laude; Bachelor of Science, University of Florida
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Osteopathic Association
- Abstracts: 3
- Lectures: 10+